Tara Truesdale started writing romance at the tender age of ten when her favorite soap opera heroine, one half of arguably the best couple daytime television ever created, was killed off the show - with no happily ever after. The nerve! What started as a way to keep a beloved soap opera couple alive and well sans television, eventually turned into Tara crafting tender love stories centered around characters brought to life from her own imagination.
When looking for heroic inspiration, Tara counts Han Solo/Indiana Jones, Magnum PI, Anthony DiNozzo (see above), and Alex P. Keaton among her personal favorites.
Here are some Quirky Facts about Tara
- Is a serious tea drinker - hot, iced - doesn't matter. Would drink tea over coffee any day of the week.
- Is terrified of scary movies, especially since her brother and his friends used to force her to watch them as kids. Summering at the beach and being tied to a chair while watching "Jaws" is not as much fun as you might think!
- Her brother recently got hired as a coach for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Go Bucs!
- Had several cats growing up, each with a curious moniker: Precious Purr, Bert and Ernie, Obi Wan Kenobi, Magnum PI, and Flipper.
- Was hit in the head by a metal discus during track practice her sophomore year of high school and has the scars to prove it. Now you know what happened to her. Just kidding.
- Was the managing editor of her college daily newspaper that had a circulation of 20,000.
- Was a reporter covering the daily happenings in the towns of Coventry and Bolton, CT and the Route 6 Highway Project for a time.
- Can quote Star Wars movies on demand. Major fan! May the Force be with you - always.
- Has been a proud member of the Deidre Hall Fan Club since she was 11 years old. She's even met Deidre - great lady. :)
- Favorite authors: Jane Austen, Susan Wiggs and Kristin Hannah
- Favorite places: Bretton Point, Rhode Island and London, England