The Quirky Ladies is a group of eclectic (and dare I say quirky?) ladies who are passionate about writing romantic fiction. All types of romantic fiction...paranormal, fantasy, historical, erotic and contemporary. Bring it on!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Save the Words

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and guess that most folks visiting this blog, whether readers or writers, enjoy using words. I was sent this link to Save the Words a while back and loved it. Visit and adopt one of these poor, underused gems. Give a good home to a deserving piece of our language. Plus, the site is amusing. We all need more smiles.

5 comments:

Penny Watson said...

Great link, Michelle! Thanks. I am adopting the word pigritude, which means laziness. Here's my sentence....
My pigritude this summer is embarrassing.

Isabel Roman said...

What an awesome site! I love it, and have adopted a word: inobligatory. I had no idea it WAS a word. But now it's mine, all mine! Not that Word recognizes it...sigh.

Penny Watson said...

Okay, Isabel...no fair! You can't just introduce a word and not give its definition (especially since it's not coming up on a Google search)....spill! What does inobligatory mean?

Michelle Polaris said...

Good job, Isabel and Penny, on doing your parts. I decided to adopt two words since I am so blessed in my life and I feel I can give a good home to many word tykes. I adopted VICAMBULATE, which means to walk about in the streets, and SENTICOUS, which means prickly or thorny. How about a sentence using both -- Michelle's mood was so senticous, she needed to vicambulate to work off the attitude.

Penny Watson said...

Michelle- You da Master, baby! Senticous is good....good alliteration going on there! I am going to attempt to use that one in my WIP, Diabolical. Thanks for the new word!