The Quirky Ladies is a group of eclectic (and dare I say quirky?) ladies who are passionate about writing romantic fiction. All types of romantic fiction...paranormal, fantasy, historical, erotic and contemporary. Bring it on!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Working Vacations

Here I sit
Broken hearted
Tried to write
Only started

This rhyme pretty much says it all, since it's the best thing to come off my fingertips this entire week. I'm on a ski vacation with my family. That is, my family skis and/or snowboards and I get left behind in the condo to write. It's perfectly lovely when that's what happens. This year, it is not going well.

I wonder why? Truly. I mean, it's only after 11 am and the rest of them just made it out the door. Hell, I probably have a good hour before they start clammering back in to eat something before deciding it's too cold, too wet, too much of a hassle to get their gear back on to go back up the mountain. Freakin' teenagers. Don't they know how hard it is to write a sex scene while they're punching each other over who has to empty the dishwasher this time? I lost it this morning, and the last half hour of getting their gear on was spent in complete silence. It was lovely, and shame on me for putting up with the crap all week.

I need a vacation from my vacation.

4 comments:

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Well, at least you won't be sorry to come home. LOL

Ash

Penny Watson said...

Love the poem! Hate to say it, but this is why writing at 5 am (when teenagers have probably just recently gone to sleep) is the best. Peace and quiet.

Anonymous said...

It took you until today to lose it? What self-control. Next year will be better. Write fast and furious and fantastic.

Victoria Morgan said...

Great poem! Isn't that the way it is? Your muse will undoubtedly come to you when you're in your car, without access to your lap top and rushing to get to work without a moment to spare, let alone draft a forlorn poem.....