The Quirky Ladies is a group of eclectic (and dare I say quirky?) ladies who are passionate about writing romantic fiction. All types of romantic fiction...paranormal, fantasy, historical, erotic and contemporary. Bring it on!

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Snowflake Man


Since we New Englanders are currently inundated with the white fluffy stuff, I thought I would post a link to The Snowflake Man. Wilson Bentley, otherwise known as The Snowflake Man, was the first person to photograph a single snow crystal in 1885.  His accomplishments in photomicrography are fascinating considering his humble beginnings in rural Vermont. Since my WIP focuses on the Klaus family in the North Pole, snow is sort of a major character in my series. I am definitely planning to incorporate Bentley into my story somehow...maybe Santa is a big fan? Who knows. Anyway, checking out Bentley's gorgeous photographs of snow crystals just might help you get through another day of bitter cold and mentally prep for the next storm.

No comments: